Software localization is the process of transformation and adaptation of software products, including web services and their documentation details in local language keeping in mind the culture and technicality of a particular locale. A localized software product has the same flair as the original product designed for the market. But before localizing any software, few points should be taken into consideration:
- Content should be analysed properly.
- Assessment of the resources and the tools.
- Keeping cultural flair
- Proper terminologies should be followed.
- Accurate localization of visible text, graphics, scripts etc.
- Efficient process of quality assurance.
Along with the localization of the software, it is quite mandatory to verify your software product whether it is properly internationalized or not. It basically makes modification to the product to make it appropriate and maintain it for cross border marketing. Ultimately it can be concluded that software in local language would speak to its users.